Expense Category:Uniform Rental Services
MilliporeSigma faced increasing costs within its industrial and cleanroom uniform programs and realized it needed a category expert to help improve efficiencies and protect the company’s bottom-line. Additionally, MilliporeSigma needed to consolidate uniform suppliers across more than 40 US-based sites and centralize the management of the program. This was an arduous and complex process consisting of data collection, data analysis and baseline assessment, strategy setting, RFP processes and supplier negotiations, and implementation of new and better agreements.
Fine Tune Solution:
Fine Tune worked with MilliporeSigma stakeholders to develop a full-service category solution. The following services were delivered:
- surveyed sites on supplier satisfaction
- assisted in new supplier selection when transitions were necessary
- coordinated supplier transitions
- reviewed inventory levels billed versus existing inventory
- enforced reconciliations within cleanroom accounts to identify “lost” product and appropriately reconciled MilliporeSigma’s interest
- pursued and collected credits and reimbursements when overcharging occurred
The result was better contracts, improved efficiencies, and bottom-line savings for MilliporeSigma. Over a three-year period, the Life Sciences leader saved nearly 40 percent in industrial and cleanroom uniform costs. As a result, hard dollar savings driven through this program has now reached multiple millions of dollars.