Quality Assurance Tester
We are looking for a detailed oriented individual to join our Quality Assurance team within our technology-based expense management organization. Prior software front end QA experience not required; individual should be detail oriented, effective working in a team environment, comfortable working with software and able to clearly document test findings. This position will be part of a software development team and will manually test software, follow test instructions, and clearly document and communicate findings. QA will represent about 75% of the day-to-day job duties and 25% will be working with business intelligence reporting and other related technology.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manual functional, regression and acceptance testing of web applications, giving feedback to the Developer(s).
- Testing layout and interface usability, giving feedback to the Developer(s). Conduct testing to ensure products perform according to user requirements and within established guidelines.
- Design test cases, test plan and prepare the environment.
- Because of the in-depth knowledge of the system, help other Developers and business units, to provide insight where any problems could occur.
- Product knowledge base accumulation.
- Look for user experience improvements.
- Understanding development processes and needs.
- Ability to draw up test cases by the name of the problem, generate a checklist, predict the behavior of the system.
- Ability to write simple SQL queries (update, join, where).
- Ability to send requests to the server without a web interface.
- Knowledge of selenium.
- High level of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to test a system using techniques such as unit testing, run manual test cases, design an integration vs unit vs manual strategy, design a test reporting system, run load testing, figure out what to benchmark.
- Understanding of working with GIT.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Familiar with Postman, Insomnia, Dynamics, Power BI, or similar tools.
- Health/dental/vision/life/disability insurance
- Health plan includes HSA and FSA plans
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401K with employer match
- Competitive salary with commission opportunities
- 40-50 hours/week