Business Development Representative
Having just celebrated our 20th anniversary marked by continued and significant growth, Fine Tune takes great pride in maintaining our fun and nimble entrepreneurial work environment.
Our unofficial motto is “no clowns.” We’re looking for people who are self-motivated with excellent communication skills and a willingness to collaborate to help our team level up. We are a tight-knit group that is accountable to each other.
Fine Tune is comprised of professionals who take our work seriously while also maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
The role you’ll play
The Business Development Representative will create interest in Fine Tune and guide prospects to our expense management offerings. Specifically, you will blend web and database prospecting with phone, email, and social communication. You will handle lead qualification and, in collaboration with Fine Tune’s sales leadership, help convert leads into clients.
This is a dynamic role for a creative, entrepreneurial, and hungry entry-level professional looking to fast track their career success in sales, marketing, and the expense management industry.
What you’ll do
- Conduct high-volume prospecting (60-100 activities per day) to generate qualified selling opportunities through calls, emails, and social media
- Manage and consistently work a certain subset of prospective accounts
- Work directly with the Fine Tune Sales and Marketing teams to drive pipeline through personalized outreach campaigns to multiple stakeholders within Fine Tune’s prospect accounts
- Partner with Marketing on a programmatic campaign-based approach to demand generation (i.e., event/conference prospect follow-up, using prospect lead scores to determine customized outreach, etc.)
- Look for new potential client accounts not currently in our CRM (Salesforce) and make the first contact with those accounts to create interest
- Utilize our other outreach tools (SalesLoft, ZoomInfo, and MonserConnect) to target and connect with prospective clients
- Provide a world-class prospect and customer experience through every interaction
- Become an expert in articulating Fine Tune’s value to prospective customers
- Keep meticulous records of interactions with leads in Salesforce
- Help to build scalable demand generation campaigns—email and social—within Fine Tune’s Marketing Automation (SharpSpring)
- Identify inefficiencies and implement improvements in the Fine Tune selling process
- Help provide accurate forecasts to the sales organization and executive management
What we need
- 1-3 years of business development experience, with a history of exceeding lead targets
- A strong desire for a career in sales, marketing, and/or expense management consulting
- A willingness and desire to “pitch in” in all aspects of sales generation (i.e., list building/data quality activities, calling, emailing, report building, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- A resilient nature, and a high level of motivation
- The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
- A great attitude and love for interdependent team collaboration
- A natural curiosity and growth mindset, always looking to improve
- Proficiency with the latest sales technology (e.g., Salesforce, SalesLoft, MonsterConnect, Vidyard, etc.)
- Health/dental/vision/life/disability insurance
- Health plan includes HSA and FSA plans
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401K with employer match
- Competitive salary with commission opportunities
- 40-50 hours/week